The New Mexico Gaming Control Board is responsible for monitoring compliance of the New Mexico gaming tribes under the 2001 Tribal/State gaming compacts.
Some of the primary goals and objectives of the gaming compacts are:
- Goodwill and cooperation;
- Effective government-to-government relationship;
- Facilitate the regulation of Class III Gaming;
- The promotion of Tribal economic development, self-sufficiency and self-governing;
- Access to Fair and Honest gaming;
On occasion, issues arise under the gaming compacts which are common to some and potentially all of the gaming Tribes in New Mexico.
The following advisory opinions are meant to state the developed, informed, and supported position of the NMGCB on a particular issue at a given time.